During South Africa’s summer season, Shamwari Game Reserve expands its offerings even further by opening the Explorer Camp.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience takes guests on a guided walking safari of the surrounding land, allowing you to get up close and personal with nature. Each tent is luxuriously furnished for comfort in the wilderness.
We firmly believe that travel needs to be simplified by going back to basics. This package not only reflects the core ideals of our safaris but aims to deliver an eye-opening encounter with nature.
Our wilderness bush camp itinerary comprises a min 2-night trail, Operational Tuesday & Wednesday and Friday, Saturday with an optional 3rd night (Sunday) on request. The camp operates from October to April.
To awaken your natural instinct and get in touch with nature, look no further than Shamwari Game Reserve for a summer adventure.
- The Explorer Camp operates during the summer months with the first trail in October and the last trail at the end of May
- Each trail is run for 2 nights, either Tuesday & Wednesday oder Friday & Saturday with an option to extend for a thrid night only on the Sunday
- The walking trails are hosted and guided by an armed qualified walking guide
- Distances walked vary each day but can last up to 4 hours
- A game viewing vehicle remains in camp and depending on where guests walk that day, the trail may start from camp or depart camp by vehicle to visit another area of the reserve
- We regret that no persons younger than 16 years will be able to participate
- Participants older than 65 years will be required to provide a medical clearance certificate in order to participate
The camp site is discreetly fenced for safety reasons but retains true explorer ambiance. The tents are placed in close proximity without encroaching on the other tents privacy. Wild animals are able to cross through the camp at any time and although all safety precautions have been followed in setting up the camp; this remains a reality.
- 3 x canvas tents sleeping a maximum of 2 people each
- Meals: Culinary feasts are presented around the camp fire or in the dining tent with exquisite silverware